I have always been an overweight girl since childhood, and I have only reached my goal weight once when I was eighteen years old, I lost 40 pounds but then gained it back again because of the wrong motive of losing weight. That is in my opinion is the most important thing to consider first when deciding to lose weight. Why do you want to lose weight? Some people do it for the approval of other people and that is not lasting because in the long run your motivation will decline in the end. That’s what happened to me, the thing to always remember and tell yourself that you are doing this for yourself and not for anyone else, because that will have a lasting motivation for losing weight. It’s a lifestyle change and it’s a choice that will change your life.
- Why do you want to lose weight? The initial motivation is critical, you want to do it for your health? appearance? relationships? you’ll fit in your old clothes again and you’ll look good in photographs. What are the three things that will benefit you from losing weight, picture this and have your vision for 5-10 minutes everyday. Have a vision of your ideal self and visualize yourself when you have gained these goals.
- Program yourself mentally, it’s going to be a hard journey ahead of you but always say to yourself it’s going to be easier the next day because of the habit that you are building in yourself.
- Building a habit takes about 30-60 days.
- The healthy weight loss for a week is 1-2 pounds at most.
- Try to have a gym buddy or an exercise buddy to go to the gym.
- Eat more protein and less carbohydrates. Drink a lot of water. More vegetables. Cut out sugars.
- Don’t expect to have a progress in the first 3 weeks because your body is still getting used to the physical exercise.
- There will always be an inner struggle when it comes to exercising and dieting, just focus on one day at a time and do not focus on having to exercise in 60 days, just focus on one day.
- Have a playlist on your phone to take to the gym or when exercising at home. Try to pick some upbeat songs to follow when you are in the treadmill or elliptical trainer. Bring at least one litre of water and finish it all when you exercise to feel refreshed.
- One thing that I have helped me a lot is to use an app called myfitnesspal, its a free app that counts your calories.
- It’s a lifestyle change. Commit to it and consistency is the key.
I have been struggling to lose the weight that I have gained back and more, now I weigh 200+ pounds and my goal weight is 150 pounds. As I continue to work on my goal, I know that I am still being moulded inside and out into Christ-likeness and when I have reached my goal I will give all the glory to God!
Leave a Reply